Home Contents Copyright Links
Temple Belwood Photographs
 
Temple Belwood

Temple Belwood Before 1900 | Temple Belwood After 1900 | Temple Belwood - Other Facts | Temple Belwood Booklet | 1905 Temple Belwood Brochure | Temple Belwood Photographs | Marriage Licence | Knights Templar Links


 

 

Temple Belwood (1905)

Temple Belwood on show during it's days as a high class boarding establishment.

 


Temple Belwood (1933)

Temple Belwood from the parkland.

 

 

Temple Belwood Lodges (1933)

Temple Belwood lodges at Bracon.
They were demolished in the 1960's.

 

Postcard of Temple Belwood Lodges.

Temple Belwood lodges at Bracon.
 

 

 

1950/60s photograph prior to demolition.

Temple Belwood Lodges prior to demolition.

 

Temple Belwood (circa 1940)

Temple Belwood started to decay after the lead was stripped from it's roof during World War II.

 

The Sir Solomon Hotel (early 1900's)

Sir Solomon Hotel, named after
the Squires favourite horse.

 

Click to enlarge - Site of Temple Belwood

The M180 motorway now covers were
Temple Belwood once stood.

 

Temple Belwood Stone Columns - click to enlarge

Two salvaged sections of stone column
now erected in the parish graveyard.

 

Johnson Family Tomb

R. P. Johnson's Tomb is at the rear of the church.
It is one of several graves erected to the memory
of the owners of Temple Belwood.

 

The Obelisk

The Obelisk erected to commemorate the
Squires horse Sir Solomon.

 

 

Obelisk - click to enlarge

Close up of the obelisk.

 

 

 


     Back to top



Temple Belwood Before 1900 | Temple Belwood After 1900 | Temple Belwood - Other Facts | Temple Belwood Booklet | 1905 Temple Belwood Brochure | Temple Belwood Photographs | Marriage Licence | Knights Templar Links

Temple Belwood

Click HERE to ask a question about this web site.
Click HERE to leave comments on the guestbook.
Copyright 2006 - 2012 Michael John Fotheringham. All rights reserved.