Home Contents Copyright Links
Parish History
 
Home

Parish History | Isle Photographs | Parish Directories | Newspaper Archive | Old Isle Family Photographs | Isle Maps

Axholme History | The Parish of Althorpe | The Parish of Amcotts | The Parish of Belton | The Parish of Crowle | The Parish of Eastoft | The Parish of Epworth | The Parish of Garthorpe | The Parish of Haxey | The Parish of Luddington | The Parish of Owston | The Parish of West Butterwick | The Parish of Wroot


 

 

Althorpe & KeadbyAmcottsAxholmeBelton
CrowleEastoftEpworthGarthorpeHaxey
LuddingtonOwstonWest ButterwickWroot

 

At the time of enclosure of the lands in the Isle of Axholme, in the early nineteenth century, there were eight ecclesiastical parishes in the Isle consisting of : Althorpe, Belton, Crowle, Epworth, Haxey, Luddington, Owston and Wroot.
During the mid-nineteenth century four of the original parishes were divided up to create four new parishes, giving us the twelve parishes we have today.

The new parishes were:

West Butterwick created  from part of Owston. (1841)
Amcotts created  from part of Althorpe. (1850)
Eastoft created  from part of Crowle. (1855)
Garthorpe created  from part of Luddington. (1866)

This website is based on these twelve parishes.

 

 

 

 


     Back to top

Axholme History | The Parish of Althorpe | The Parish of Amcotts | The Parish of Belton | The Parish of Crowle | The Parish of Eastoft | The Parish of Epworth | The Parish of Garthorpe | The Parish of Haxey | The Parish of Luddington | The Parish of Owston | The Parish of West Butterwick | The Parish of Wroot

Parish History | Isle Photographs | Parish Directories | Newspaper Archive | Old Isle Family Photographs | Isle Maps

Home

Click HERE to ask a question about this web site.
Click HERE to leave comments on the guestbook.
Copyright 2006 - 2012 Michael John Fotheringham. All rights reserved.